Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Whole Year Inn

Right now, I'm in a hole that I can't get out of.
My problems are seriously petty (see previous post). That doesn't stop me from being overwhelmed. I'm eight months pregnant. I have a two-year old daughter who is the light of my life. She is healthy and loving and again I have been blessed beyond what I deserve.

But. My husband has had it with me--with my mood swings, with my family. With the "dramatic" way I react when he tries to tell me how badly I treat him. I'm afraid that I'm so busy trying to be a good mom, good housekeeper, good lawyer (yes, in that order) that I've failed to be a good wife. His blunt and insensitive way of telling me these things doesn't help.

He might be wrong about a lot of things--and I think he is--but he's certainly correct that my family needs to treat him better. My mother and my sister treat him like Patty and Selma treat Homer. (aside: does anyone else talk about the Simpsons as if they were real people??) I should stand up to them but...they'll love me no matter what. My husband, not so much. I'm a coward who can't leave the sure thing to take a risk.

No comments: