Monday, August 25, 2008

Intro to my inlaws (old post)

Posted 3/18/2008 8:43 AM CDT

My in-laws are nosy. "So what?" you ask. "Everyone feels that way about their in-laws. Where would sitcoms be if they weren't?"
Yes, but I have written proof! The following is from an actual email from my mother-in-law to my husband. (I also need to say that my in-laws are wonderful people. And I love them.)
*******************************************

Dear [Son]:
I'm speculating again and with good reasons. I've come to the conclusion that Anne is pregnant again and I couldn't be happier. I haven't even told your father of my suspicions. These are my reasons:
1. Her getting to bed earlier than usual.
2. She drank only one drink during the entire time we were there. [actually, I didn't have any, that was just a club soda.]
3. She has a bit of a tummy.
4. Her boobs look bigger. [please take a moment to let that one sink in]
5. She seemed a bit tense.
6. There was a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" on your bedside table.
I'm thinking that you're just waiting to announce the news in order to give [pregnant daughter] a little moment in the sun. I hope, hope, hope I'm right.
Love, MOM

No comments: